Help for Job Seekers
Whether you are in the preparation stage, actively searching for a new job, or researching career options, you need access to the right information, equipment and guidance. We provide these job search essentials in a professional, business-like setting that helps you work easily and effectively.
Our knowledgeable staff is ready to guide you through all steps of job search and career planning. We are happy to:
- Tell you about all the services available and any special services for which you may qualify.
- Help you use MinnesotaWorks.net, our online job bank, and other employment websites to search for and apply for jobs.
- Help you research local employers that are hiring.
- Help you understand the fundamentals of a successful job search and help you apply those basics as you plan your own job search.
- Offer advice about how to write effective resumes and cover letters.
- Help you set up free email accounts to keep to contact and follow up with prospective employers.
- Assist you with taking a typing test where you can print your results to take to employers.
- Teach you to use the Internet effectively in your job search.
- Recommend other resources and services in your community.
A wide variety of computer software is available for your use, including programs to help with career planning, computer skills development, and effective Internet job searches.
- Access to MinnesotaWorks.net, our job search database.
- Access to a typing test for customers to print results and take to an employer.
Word-Processing and Resume Tools
- Typing tutorials and software help you develop keyboarding skill.
- Word processing software helps you to write resumes, cover letters and other job-search documents.
- Special software helps you create custom resumes from templates.
Career Exploration Tools
- Our career research tools help you learn about occupations and understand the education and training needed to work in selected fields.
- Other tools provide Information about salaries, occupations, job market predictions and economic trends in your local labor market in a way that is easy to access and understand.
At every WorkForce Center, you’ll have access to office equipment that is crucial for every job search, including:
- A telephone for reaching potential employers or networking contacts.
- Photocopy machines for copying resumes or other information needed to prepare for job interviews.
- Computers and software for creating and updating resumes, plus Internet access for job-search related research.
- Printers for producing high-quality resumes and other job-search related documents.
We offer assistive technology to help customers with disabilities better use our services and resources.
All WorkForce Centers are equipped with computer software and equipment to help people who are blind, visually impaired, or have other physical impairments to use computer programs, Web sites, and read printed materials.
For telephone use, each center has a TTY for people who are deaf or have hearing impairments, and access to speech-to-speech service for people with speech impairments.
Available assistive technology includes:
- Job Access with Speech (JAWS) for Windows
- Pocket Talker Personal Amplifier
- ZoomText Software
Help for Businesses
We can help you find the right workers, publicize jobs, and access workforce data.
Understanding and meeting the needs of employers and industries is a key part of what we do at every WorkForce Center.
We have tools to help you publicize job opportunities.
And we provide workforce and business-related data that can give you deep insight into economic trends that can affect and shape your business decisions.
Post job openings and screen candidates online. Hiring incentives and tax credits. Get help assessing workforce needs.
Attend a Job or Career Fair
Find out about job and career fairs near you!
Employers interested in reserving a table for onsite hiring events at North Minneapolis WorkForce Center - 800 West Broadway can contact:
Workshops at this WorkForce Center
Learn about classes, workshops, and other trainings at the Minneapolis North WorkForce Center.
Search for Jobs Near Minneapolis
Find jobs near Minneapolis on MinnesotaWorks.net.
Sign up to receive job/career fair, training events and other relevant job search information by email.
View current and past issues of the Job Seeker Bulletin from the City of Minneapolis.
For additional information on this anchor partner visit their main website: